Here in Grenada, as with the rest of the world, Swine Flu is a hot topic. Everyone is worried about it, but never fear...Sally has come up with some excellent tips on how avoid the dreaded H1N1 virus.
The only mode of entry of this nasty virus H1N1 is by the nose and mouth/throat. There are some easy steps you can take to try to prevent this happening.
1. Wash your hands as often as possible.
2. Gargle twice a day with warm salt water – this is a very simple, inexpensive and powerful preventative method.
3. Clean your nostrils every day with warm salt water. Swab both nostrils with cotton buds dipped in warm salt water
4. Boost your natural immunity with a healthy diet –
- rich in whole natural foods such as fruits, vegetables, whole grains, beans, seeds and nuts
- low in fats and refined sugars
- contains adequate amount of protein
- drink 6 eight ounce glasses of water per day
5. 30 minutes of exercise per day, deep breathing exercises and 6 – 8 hours sleep per night
6. If you take a Vitamin C supplement daily make sure it contains Zinc, to boost absorption
7. Drink as much warm liquids as you can. Drinking warm liquids has the same effect as gargling but in the reverse direction. They wash off viruses from the throat into the stomach where they cannot survive or do any harm.